Two easy steps to participate
1. Go to iNaturalist.ca or download the iNaturalist app on your smartphone and set up an account.
2. Take photos in any Metro Vancouver regional park or greenway from October 1st-31st and upload them to iNaturalist.
This fall, explore Metro Vancouver’s regional parks and greenways. Pay attention to plants, fungi, mosses, and wildlife you haven’t noticed before. Then simply snap photos of what you discover and share your photos on iNaturalist.
iNaturalist is a great way to build your nature knowledge and get feedback on your observations. What’s more, you’ll be joining a global community of citizen scientists and contributing to biodiversity science.
It’s a fun outdoor activity for everyone, on your own or with your family.
- All registered participants will be entered into draws to win these prizes:
- Capilano Suspension Bridge Park family admission ticket (family of 4)
- $100 gift card for Book Warehouse
- VanDusen Botanical Garden family membership (family of 4)
- Beatty Biodiversity Museum family membership (up to 2 adults & 4 kids)
- Individual with the most observations: Talasay Tours – Tour of your choice (2 adults, 2 kids)
- Individual with the most species observed: Vancouver Aquarium family membership (2 adults, 2 kids)
All draws will take place on November 1.
PLEASE NOTE: To be eligible for prizes you’ll need to register for this project. Register any time up to October 31.
You can check out the Regional Parks Snap & Share project page on iNaturalist to see what others have been observing and view the leaderboard.
Please take photos safely. Don’t approach wildlife, stay on trails, and don’t pick or remove anything.